Are you a foodie who loves to experiment with different cuisines? Do you want to learn how to cook authentic Thai food? Look no further! Welcome to Hungry in Thailand, where we share our family’s mouthwatering recipes, stories, and traditions behind each dish. Our mission is to help you become a better chef at Thai cuisine. Let’s dive into the five must-try authentic Thai food recipes that will make your taste buds dance!
Tom Yum Goong (Spicy and Sour Shrimp Soup)
Tom Yum Goong is a famous Thai soup known for its spicy and sour taste. This soup is made with shrimp, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, and chili peppers. The soup is easy to make, and it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Here are the steps to make it:
- Saute lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves in a pot.
- Add shrimp, chili peppers, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Pad Thai (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles)
Pad Thai is a famous Thai noodle dish that is loved by people all around the world. This dish is made with rice noodles, shrimp or chicken, tofu, bean sprouts, and peanuts. Here’s how to make Pad Thai:
- Soak rice noodles in warm water.
- Saute garlic and shallots in a pan.
- Add shrimp or chicken, tofu, bean sprouts, and eggs.
- Add soaked rice noodles and season with tamarind paste, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Garnish with peanuts and lime.
Green Curry (Thai Coconut Curry)
Green Curry is one of the authentic Thai recipes from Thailand that is famous for its creamy and spicy taste. This curry is made with green curry paste, coconut milk, chicken, eggplant, and Thai basil. Here’s how to make Green Curry:
- Saute green curry paste in a pan.
- Add chicken and vegetables.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with Thai basil and serve hot with rice.
Som Tam (Thai Papaya Salad)
Som Tam is a popular Thai salad that is made with green papaya, tomatoes, green beans, and peanuts. This salad is tangy, spicy, and refreshing. Here’s how to make Som Tam:
- Shred green papaya and soak it in cold water.
- Mix garlic, chili peppers, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar in a mortar and pestle.
- Add green papaya, tomatoes, and green beans.
- Crush the ingredients together in the mortar and pestle.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve cold.
Massaman Curry (Thai Peanut Curry)
Massaman Curry is a Thai peanut curry that is mild and creamy. We made this curry with chicken, potatoes, peanuts, and coconut milk Here’s how to make Massaman Curry:
- Saute Massaman curry paste in a pan.
- Add chicken, potatoes, and peanuts.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice.
In conclusion, if you’re a foodie who loves exploring different cuisines, you can’t miss out on authentic Thai food recipes. With our website Hungry in Thailand, you can learn to cook some of the best Thai dishes right in the comfort of your own home. We believe that Thai cuisine is all about the perfect balance of flavors – sweet, sour, salty, and spicy – and with our easy-to-follow recipes, you’ll be able to achieve just that.
Our website is not just about the recipes, but also about the stories and traditions behind each dish. We want to help you become a better chef at Thai cuisine by providing you with all the information you need. From the classic pad Thai to the lesser-known larb moo, we have something for everyone.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our website and start your culinary adventure today. And don’t forget to share your experiences with us – we’d love to hear from you!