Pediatric dentists are professionals who handle children’s oral health from infancy through the teen years. With their skills and experience, they are dedicated to caring for a child’s mouth, teeth, and gum throughout the various stages of childhood. Typically, children get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life and start shedding them off at 6 or 7 years, replacing them with secondary, permanent teeth. With extended expertise, kids dentist Oshawa understand how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable.
However, your child might develop possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications if there’s no proper dental care. Therefore, kids dentist Oshawa makes a child’s first dental visit more prudent and beneficial for your child. It will help you trust your child’s dentist at the early stages. Since your child may be anxious for the first time, it sets a great environment to forge a relationship.
What types of treatments do kids dentists provide?
A pediatric dentist will provide a wide range of dental treatment for your child, which includes;
- Habit counselling such as thumb sucking and pacifier use
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases like asthma, congenital heart defect, and diabetes
- Tooth cavities repair
- Management of gum diseases and conditions such as short frenular, ulcers, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Early treatment and assessment for straightening teeth and correcting improper bites
- Preventive dental care, including nutrition and diet recommendations, and cleaning and fluoride treatment
- Infant oral health exams, which cover the risk assessment for caries in mom and child
- Care for dental injuries, for example, knocked out, displaced or fractured teeth.
What should you expect for your first kid dental visit?
- First visits are typically considered short and sweet, and happy visits.
- During the kid’s first visit to your dentist, you are expected to discuss the baby’s medical history, such as their oral hygiene habits, allergies and more.
- You must also fill in some additional paperwork on the first visit.
- Your child will get toy rewards to reinforce positive experiences while looking forward to future fun and pleasant dental visit.
Get the best care for children.
Children are not small adults; therefore, they won’t be patient and cooperative during a dental exams. With extended expertise, kids dentist Oshawa understand how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. They also use special equipment arranged and decorated with children in mind. However, most parents tend to skip kids’ initial visits hesitating that their kid’s baby teeth are bound to fall out. Children’s first teeth are tied to chewing and ingesting food and nutrition. They also aid proper speech development and the development and spacing of permanent teeth.
Kids dentist Oshawa offers a wide range of treatment options for your child’s teeth, gums and mouth with expertise and training. Therefore while suggesting your child receive a dental exam, you are assured they’ll provide the best possible care. To find a dentist to care for your child, visit the kid’s dentist, Oshawa and secure your first and favourite dentist for your child.